We have more than 900 staff in five different countries which puts people as a top priority, and this is strongly reflected in our approach to people matters and management.
At the year-end, YGE our Russian subsidiary had 267 staff at our Maikop office and at our Koshekhablskoye production facilities. Our Ukrainian subsidiary PPC had 632 personnel in our Poltava office and at the production site. The London office has 33 employees and 6 contracted staff. The number of contractors and supply chain vendors across the Group can vary from time to time and has previously peaked at over 500 support and associated personnel.
Diversity and equality
We believe that access to work opportunities should be based on merit, equality, fairness and need and that no one should be treated less favourably on the basis of their sex, racial or ethnic origin, colour, religion, disability, marital status, sexuality or age. Our approach to Equality and Diversity is core to our business and we will ensure that this is reflected in all our policies, practices and procedures. We are committed to respecting diversity in all aspects of our work and we will not tolerate any form of discrimination – either direct or indirect. Acts of discrimination, prejudice, harassment and victimisation which occur within the workplace or within the communities in which we work will not be tolerated and will always be challenged.
We aim to involve all aspects of the business in valuing the diversity of our customers, staff and stakeholders at all times eradicating inequality and discrimination.
We operate across a number of different countries, cultures and environments, therefore we have a decentralised management structure, with employment policies designed to suit the needs of individual locations. Each Group company complies with certain key principles, including:
- providing safe and healthy working conditions for all employees
- creating an open, challenging, rewarding and participative environment which, through development and training, aims to maximise the talent, skills and abilities of all employees
- communicating to provide the fullest possible understanding of our goals, directions and performance of the business
- providing compensation and benefits which reflect good current local practices and which reward collective and individual abilities and personal performance
- providing a working environment, development opportunities and incentives to promote team effort and commitment to the performance of the Group
- referencing the International Labour Organisation to verify standards and best practice.
Our Group-wide values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect, are essential in helping to guide our employees in the way that they behave.