Corporate Social Responsibility
Our people, the environment and the communities where we operate are the keys to our business. We manage our business with due regard to our stakeholders’ best interests, and are committed to being recognised as a good corporate citizen and neighbour. We strive to support our people at work as well as in their broader lives and also to minimise our impact on the environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) informs all areas of our operations and is led by the Chief Executive Officer. Our Health, Safety, Environment Community and Quality (HSECQ) manager reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and has responsibility for creating a framework and maintaining the HSECQ Management System for the management of the Group’s non-financial impacts.
|Our CSR objectives are:
- Protect people by providing information and advice; align our CSR strategies with organisation goals and capabilities
- Influence stakeholder organisations to embrace high standards of HSECQ and to recognise the social and economic benefits
- Optimise our resources to enhance our reputation as a good corporate citizen and enjoy successful interaction with key internal and external stakeholders as well as governments and non-governmental organisations (‘NGOs’)
- Develop new ways to establish and maintain an effective HSECQ culture in a changing global economy, so that all employers take their responsibilities seriously, the workforce is fully involved and risks are properly managed
- Exemplify Oil and Gas sector best practice in managing our resources, enforcing the law and undertaking and encouraging relevant research
- Achieve higher levels of recognition and respect for HSECQ as an integral part of managing our business
- Continue to work to prevent catastrophic failures in major hazard industries