Corporate Social Responsibility
Our people, the environment and the communities where we operate are the keys to our business. We manage our business with due regard to our stakeholders’ best interests, and are committed to being recognised as a good corporate citizen and neighbour. We strive to support our people at work as well as in their broader lives and also to minimise our impact on the environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) informs all areas of our operations and is led by the Chief Executive Officer. Our Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) manager reports directly to the CEO and has responsibility for creating a framework and maintaining the HSEC Management System for the management of the Group’s non-financial impacts.
|Our objectives are:
- Protect people by providing information and advice; promoting and assuring a goal-setting system of compliance
- Influence stakeholder organisations to embrace high standards of HSEC and to recognise the social and economic benefits
- Seek to optimise the use of resources to deliver our mission and vision, and enhance our reputation as a good corporate citizen
- Develop new ways to establish and maintain an effective HSEC culture in a changing economy, so that all employers take their responsibilities seriously, the workforce is fully involved and risks are properly managed
- Exemplify Oil and Gas sector best practice in managing our resources
- Achieve higher levels of recognition and respect for HSEC as an integral part of a modern, competitive business
- Continue to work with the business to prevent catastrophic failures in major hazard industries
- Undertake and encourage research, and enforce the law where necessary